The text of bill H.R. 127 is up, and boy is it a doozey. It’s the entire package of awfulness the controllers have wanted forever.
So here are some takeaways for this bill, but I’ll link the FPC summary momentarily.
- Federal registration of all firearms.
- A national gun registry.
- Limitations on types of firearms.
- Federally mandated insurance, expensive, and managed by the FedGov (some $800 per year).
- Psychological evaluations by state-approved psychologists for approval to purchase firearms.
- Those evaluations are extended to family members (including former spouses).
- Prohibition of person-to-person transfers.
- Prohibition of standard capacity magazines.